Samstag, Dezember 29, 2007

Tomorrow, Motherhood

Well, looks like it's time for this precious little being which has been growing inside of me for the past 9 or 10 months (who's even counting anymore when you're 12 days over your due date??) to come out and meet the world.

After 'fighting for our right' not to be induced today at the hospital, various other attempts (acupuncture, acupressure, walking, sex, herbal remedies) to get labour going on our own have unfortunately not been fruitful. So it looks like we'll be heading back to the hospital tomorrow for an induction.

I can't help but think that there is a mental connection here, as I really haven't completed all of my 'to-do' list yet, but you know what? We've done that, been there before. I am never going to get everything done, that is the reality of the situation and I may as well accept it instead of struggling against it. Among the many classes I have taken over the past couple of years, one of the most important things I learned was not to have a 'to-do' list but rather a 'to be'.

I know that I am a strong, capable, decisive, loving, giving person and that is enough for me. So baby, it's time to come out and meet your Mommy. I'll do you proud, I promise.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Good Lucky Mommy! I look forward top seeing pictures of your little one :) Maria

k hat gesagt…

soooo exciting!
Can't wait to see pics!