Mittwoch, Dezember 07, 2005

Day three (but who's counting?)

It has been really difficult for me to find my voice again, after the events of the past few months. I just had a look back at what I was writing about a year ago, and found an abundance of inspirational quotes and such. I’m on day three of a 14 day cleanse right now (if I make it that far… but so far it’s going great) and they tend to have a purifying effect on my mind and thought patterns as well. Out with the old, in with the new seems to be the credo of the season. I do enjoy this reflective state, and it seems my present living situation is very conducive to it, being in the deep dark dungeon and all. Me and my heating blanket are getting quite close.

One of my ‘looking within’ activities of late has been to re-read a guest book I kept whilst living in the mountains. I had all the ‘kids’ sign it at my birthday and going away parties. It has been downright heart warming to reread these sweet words written by my charges (I was a supervisor in both positions out there). In an attempt to counter-balance some negative feedback I received last week at my current place of employment, I’d like to reprint some of the gems here:

“You are an amazing person with a great heart and your wonder shines onto everyone you meet!”

“You are a special and beautiful spirit”

“You rock”

“You are definitely one of the truest people I know. Your heart is on your sleeve, neckline, shoes and socks. Don’t ever change.”

“You’re a breath of fresh air”

“I just want to thank you for making my time here so amazing. You’re so inspiring in so many ways, you don’t even know. As soon as I met you, you immediately made me feel comfortable and happy in this wild place… Your presence, caring and energy have played a huge part. I’m so glad, thankful to have met you.”

“Your kindness is meant to teach”

Warm fuzzies, anyone?

1 Kommentar:

Breanne Gentner hat gesagt…

"Your heart is on your sleeve, neckline, shoes and socks."

I love that one.