Montag, Juli 17, 2006

Mary Mary quite contrary...


There’s something about finishing a house sit that’s not unlike checking out of a hotel. Except that you are your own chambermaid.

And gardener. The month long growth was a bit much to tackle with the manual machine I found in the tiny 1912 home-made-with–crates garage out back. Turned out to be a great workout, as I swatted at the mosquitoes (just ran out of my bug spray at the last soccer game) on my legs and wiped my brow of the sweat that quickly gathered. Ok, so it looked like a really bad haircut, but it got done.

Shhh, don’t tell anyone but I DO enjoy cleaning, and got really involved in the ‘tidying’ of the indoor garden as well, scoring myself 4 little ‘slips’ which will hopefully grow some roots for me to plant. I don’t have a green thumb by any stretch of the imagination, but I found myself innately nurturing these little green shoots, thinking of how nice it would be to have my own little collection. What’s that they say about starting with a plant, moving on to a pet…

Keine Kommentare: