Montag, Dezember 04, 2006

And a Bookworm in a Pear Tree

An e-mail was sent around my place of employment today (by the same lovely soul who started the baking exchange), inviting anyone who might be interested to bring books to lend out to the boardroom Friday at lunch, and 'be prepared to talk about them'.

This prompted a thorough sorting (and categorizing) of my newly-on-display collection of 4 shelves of literary goodness tonight in my study/meditation room. This is in fact the first time *ever* that I have had all of my books in one place, and space enough to put them all in an real bookshelf together. I have often thought about how the eclectic mix came to be, and if I would ever actually get around to reading them all. I had also had the recurring idea to start some kind of book club type of thing, or at least a review now and then (maybe even here).

Well, now I have the chance of sharing a bunch with my coworkers as well as with you, IIFs :) I've picked a dozen or so to bring in (and have artfully inscribed my name inside with my pink glitter pen), and would like to offer up 12 titles I have picked out for this arena. To make it fully interactive, I'd like you to vote on which one should be read/reviewed in which month of '07. Thanks in advance for your help :)

After reading through the titles, I have come to the conclusion that only one single one is fiction (and one of Oprah's picks, actually):

1. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
(winner of the nobel prize)

2. The Four Agreements Companion book by Don Miguel Ruiz

3. The Power of Now ~A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment~ by Eckhart Tolle

4. Spiritual Economics ~The Principles and Process of True Prosperity~ by Eric Butterworth
(the unfinished textbook for a course I took at CPL this fall)

5. A Woman's Worth by Marianne Williamson

6. Fragrant Sensuality ~Aromatics and Nature's Essential Oils~ Valerie Ann Worwood
(Aromatherapy is the theme for my homemade Christmas gifts this year)

7. Aus eigener Kraft ~Gesundsein und Gesundwerden in Harmonie mit Natur- und
Mondrhythmen~ Johanna Paungger & Thomas Poppe
(a German book about Moon Phases and Health)

8. The Voice of Knowledge ~a practical guide to inner peace~ by Don Miguel Ruiz

9. Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
(Self Realization Fellowship Founder)

10. Feeling Good by David D. Burns, M.D.
('The New Mood Therapy' from PENN U, circa 1980)

11. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
(I vote February for this one)

12. 14 Day Herbal Cleansing by Laurel Vukovic
(I like to cleanse 2X/year, this book has great tips for purification techniques beyond just diet)

extra bonus (the bakers dozen version)

13. Strong Women Stay Slim by Miriam E. Nelson, Ph.D.
(to help support/inspire my thrice weekly weight training sessions at the gym)


Which one do I read first??

Keine Kommentare: