Mittwoch, April 20, 2005

# 3 & # 2

3. Every woman has a piece of jewelry that doesn’t have a high market value, but it’s priceless to her. What piece of jewelry is yours? Why?

I don’t really have a whole lot of jewelry, period. I bought myself some diamond stud earrings for my birthday the year I left my husband- I almost always have them in. The piece that means the most to me is a silver ring with a little green stone, which my friend Sylvia gave me. Sylvia and I met in Turkish class my second year in Germany. I had gone to a special 3D ultrasound with her one fine spring day, and it was the day we found out what sex her twins would be. To celebrate we went shopping, and I bought her a ring that was almost identical. She then surprised me by giving me her ring. I have often put it on when I feel I’m going to have a challenging day, in some way to channel her energy and strength. She is one of the most courageous women I have ever known, raising those babies so well all on her own. I feel sad that I have lost touch with her and so many other friends I made while I was living in Germany. But we’ll always have a connection in our hearts, and I have her ring to wear on tough days.

2. Describe yourself using one word for each letter of the alphabet.

A Adventurous B Brilliant C Crazy (*actual nickname*) D Desirable E Emotional F Frank G Gorgeous H HumorousI Intelligent J Jealous (sometimes) K Kinky L Loving M Motherly N Notorious O Open P Photogenic Q Quirky R Romantic S Sassy T Trouble U Unique V Voluptuous W Wonderful X X-Rated Y Young at heart Z Zealous

1 Kommentar:

Samantha hat gesagt…

Hi SG! Thanks for posting on my blog.
Number 3 caught my eye... My ex-husband asked me to give him back the engagement ring he gave me (we were married for 9 years and have been separated for 4) to give to his new "fiance". It's worth a fair chunk of change and besides, it's MINE. So I took the ring and had it redesigned, changed the yellow gold to white gold and I wear it with the same level of committment I did before - except this time it's a promise to me.