Mittwoch, November 23, 2005

giving thanks and saying g'bye

Started making soup around 10:30 last night, after yoga and a quick trip to the grocery store. It’s amazing to me how people just show up once the aromas start swirling from the pot. Neighbourlady was the first to arrive, sporting a six pack of my fav dark beer, and bringing news of her son's engagement. Then in came Uhu from one of his 14 + hour days, still transporting piles and piles of clothes. Shortly thereafter NL’s lady friend showed up, very amusingly tipsy, then a not so amusing appearance by the ex roomie’s ex bf. Not happy about the feeling that my mail is being tampered with. Oh well, got it sorted out today, and soon my very presence in this place will be a memory.

It turned into an impromptu going away party of sorts, sharing the brews and the soup, and I found myself thankful for this Motley Crew, every last one of ‘em. Bless us all. I have neighbours, I have soup, I finally have my flannel sheets back. Bless us every one.

Keine Kommentare: