Mittwoch, März 29, 2006

you've come a long way, baby

Tonight I took part in a planning meeting for my elementary school's 20 year reunion taking place this summer. There were four of us there (my best friend, whom I met that year ~1986~ was not in attendance cause of an ill little one). It was great to see my old classmates and reminisce about back in the day... Memories of the musical we put on that year- Alice in Wonderland, the lunch lady, the school nurse, learning the Mexican hat dance in P.E. I remember the Challenger disaster and how they brought a tv into the class for everyone to watch. And then there were *giggle* our first *giggle* sex ed classes.

This is me the year before I joined the crew (I was only there for Grade 6). I had a miserable time from grades 1 through 5, and was overjoyed at changing schools and the chance to make new friends.

As G said tonight- "you were only there one year, yet you made such an impact on us". Well, it was the year I blossomed and the Sassyness was permitted to come alive...

Thank you, Westgate.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

That just freaked me out a little as I also went to a Westgate Elementary (in Colorado), and I had to look at your picture for a LONG time.

I do not, however, know you, nor did we put on Alice in Wonderland. We had a musical called "Standing Room Only."

SG hat gesagt…

Maybe we went to school together in an alternate universe...

Nope, this was Calgary, class of '86 :)