Montag, September 27, 2004

BoyMan braves 8 grizzlies to make phone call

OEM made a mysterious reappearance in my life over the weekend.
Via a satellite phone from the middle of the NWT (his dad’s hunting lodge). Been there a month, he said.
Snippet from the convo:
OEM: “So, I don’t know what I’m going to be doing this winter”
SG: “That doesn’t surprise me”

There’s that saying (I think it was Oprah) about how when someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time.
This one took a few thousand more times than usual, due to the deaf, dumb, blind and stupid tendencies most closely associated with being in love. Ha.

I think he’s going to end up being one of those people who kind of randomly drifts in and out of your life at whim, sometimes even for a good reason. He is solely responsible for my shift in consciousness about the ability to fall in love again.
And that ride was worth every second.

Funny, I turned my calendar to today’s page (it was a gift left behind from my colleague, who moved to Germany last week) and it’s a quote by Mae West: “A woman may owe a man a lovin’, but not a livin’” Double Ha.

Keine Kommentare: