Dienstag, September 28, 2004

The Crack Smack Song (Dah!)

I feel the need to introduce my Swedish flower child vixen island girl. She prefers just island girl. I love her MSN names-

“I’ll drown all the rodents that chase after you”
“She’ll come back as fire, burn all the liars and leave a blanket of ash”
“I have the answers to the questions you have yet to ask”
And the best one:
“My mother was of the sun, my father was of the earth and I am of the universe”

Didn’t even know they were lyrics of songs… Duh!

I promptly adopted her after hiring her while running that restaurant a few years back. The little sister I never got to be a big sister to. We just have so much fun together, no matter what we’re doing. I picked her up on the way to work on Sat (we both still do catering sometimes) and she had just taken some of her roommate’s puffer medication after an unfortunate incident with the vacuum cleaner bag. I don’t think I have ever seen her this jumpy/hyper/out of control- completely spazing out in the pharmacy “let’s go, let’s go, gotta go, gotta get outta here”. Needless to say, she made me (normally the picture of calm and mellowness) jittery. So I let her drive the rest of the way.
Blasting the Hip and the Beastie Boys so loud that we were half deaf by the time we got to the function, it turned out to be an entertaining evening. The photographer I thought was so cute she declared gay on the spot- “didn’t you hear him say, there’s boys in kilts here?” No. It was a wedding- turns out the groom was a guy I went to High School with. Small world.

I got my hands in the river
My feet back up on the banks
I looked up to the Lord above and said
Hey man thanks
Sometimes I feel so good I’ve got to scream
She said Gordy Baby I know exactly what you mean



Love you girl!

Keine Kommentare: