Sonntag, Juni 26, 2005

Wii=ne tasting timmme!

Hey hi hello it's me!
I've gotten a little giggly/bleary eyed after my function tonight/ :)
Done a right good job & 'aquired' me some open bottle 'o vino and so all the better to conduct our first official urban wine tasting with. Cheers!

The first candidate is an old Emerald favorite. 2003 Hawthorne Mountain Gewuertztraminer. This, my dear IIF, is one of my favorites. I have a fondness for both Okanogan AND Gewuertztraminer wines, so it's kind of a no-brainer here. Love the Double Whammies. A surprising twinge of butter on top of that lovely sweet spicy tendency. Mmm. A very summery patio type of drinkage action.

Next we have a 2002 Glazebrook Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. I found this one to be a tantalizing tropical delight, making my taste buds dance (along with tunes that the very cute dj was spinning).

The final representant of the whites, a Louis Latour Chardonnay. Never one to dissapoint, Louis brings forth a solid effort in his candidacy (although I must admit, Chards are not among my favs). Pleasing to my palate, it would be a nice accompaniment to a chicken dish, perhaps with a cream based sauce.

Sauce, did someone say Saucy??. (this obviously refering to the term used by the security guy as I surreptitiously load up a case of six bottles to take home).

Ahem. Back to the *VRY SCIENTIFIC* wine tasting currently taking place. Hic!

A red. To finish us off (and quite literally, too).
Wynns Coonawarra Estate, Cabernet Shiraz Merlot, 2002. Never one to judge a blend, find this one a little bit on the tart side. However, am still persuaded to enjoy the nice mix of the triple treat. Definitely enjoyable.

And thus we come to the end of this, our first ever online wine tasting experience. Goodnight!

Keine Kommentare: