Dienstag, Oktober 05, 2004

la la la la la la la la la la la la (The Boxer)


Music is what moves me. Motivates me. Makes me go. That and a little caffeine. Preferably in the form of Green Tea. Not those jumbo size Starbucks that have me hummin’ like a hummer till 3:00 in the afternoon. ZAP! Although I guess once in awhile that extra push is needed.
But mostly its music and music alone is enough to get a move on. I haven’t owned/watched a tv in several years now, probably not since I left D-land 3 ½ years ago. Can’t concentrate. Even have to be in the right kind of mood to last a whole movie. My mind tends to wander.
But music- it can wake you up, transport you on a wavelike magic carpet ride of emotions, memories sometimes even revelations. Especially the Random button- put 5 in and hit it! Never fails to find the right combination for your present state of mind. Up when you need it. Mellow when you need it too. Introspective as all get out, or sing your heart out. Sometimes Simultaneously. Like Simon & Garfunkel.
Soul soothing. Foot tapping. Set it free. Set it off.
Dance

Keine Kommentare: