Montag, August 29, 2005

a most curious kind of mood

here it is. and here we have it.

I feel like I have woken up from a long winter's nap, pardon the expression.

Actually, what I did when I awoke this morning was my a.m. yoga tape. It's Monday, I had a good solid seven hours, and I was ready to get up this morning (ok, maybe after five or ten minutes of turning over and nuzzling the covers and pillows a wee bit more). I do like mornings, but I need a bit of preparation time before the actually feet hit the floor. The lure of a spot of green tea comes in handy, too.

Tomorrow morning I'm hiking the stairs with my walking buddy. I highly recommend one of these, if you're trying to get into a routine of any kind. The encouragement you receive from eachother is so incredibly motivating- and you feel bound by some kind of pact to meet up (it sucks letting anyone down) so you get up when the alarm goes at a little before seven with a smile, and eagerly pull on your sweats and double sports bra combo.

I'm thinking this mood must have at least a little something to do with all of the engineering students I observed/weaved through on my shortcut through the college campus (it's faster to go through rather than around on my way to work). Ah, the first day of school. Remember that feeling?

I love how the fall inspires a sense of newness, of turning over a new leaf, if you will allow. I love both newness and being inspired, so it's no wonder that there's a *spring* in my step as I contemplate my new spot at the north facing window on the third and the conclusion of the summer of infinite possibility.

Keine Kommentare: