Dienstag, Juli 19, 2005

"When they float, they're done, right?"

I made Gnocchi tonight. For the first time since I moved back from Germany, wow, now more than 4 years ago. And oh my god was it ever delicious! The sauce, a delightful mix of spicy olives, capers, tuna in a tomato base. A little parmesan on top. Mmmm the audible sigh of enjoyment as I took the first bite. A sure sign that I'm in store for a food orgasm and at the beginning of a very wonderful meal. Others I know do the happy food dance. I moan.

But it was a pure act of Shedonism tonight and I acted alone. Putting in the effort to concoct dinner for my sassy self after my extremely low key yoga class (I swear, we were on the floor covered in blankets for three quarters of it! So needed). Now I have dined, and shall feast at lunch tomorrow. Well done.

It was the second time I was at the yoga studio today, actually. I have joined the twice weekly morning chant/meditation class as of yesterday. And although I have just begun (with baby steps) along my path to enlightment, I already feel calmer and more centered for having gone.

Here is the "theme of the week" mantra, as my adorable yet so wise instructor L says in her eastern european accent.

the gayatri mantra

Om bhur, bhuvah, svah
tat savitur varenyam
bhargo devasya dhimahi
dhiyo yo nah prachodayat

translation:

Om. In each of the three planes of existence. We recollect in ourselves and meditate upon that wondrous Spirit of the Divine Solar Being: may he guide our inner vision.

"Yes, Virginia, when they're done they DO float"

2 Kommentare:

BlazngScarlet hat gesagt…

Gnocchi ....

Yum!!!!

*sigh*

SG hat gesagt…

Wish you could have been there, I had enough to share!